One of the things I have enjoyed over these past two months is waking up early and watching the clouds roll in over the valley. Our house sits on the side of a mountain, so we have a 180 degree view of the valley, with mountains and a snow-capped volcano in the distance. There is a small ridge that divides the valley, and the clouds usually form on the other side of the ridge.
This morning, as I was sitting quietly and preparing for my Spanish lesson, I had the opportunity to witness the clouds in motion. They first formed in the valley beyond the ridge, and when they filled the basin, they began to crest and curl over the top of the ridge. Then they slowly rolled down the mountain, blanketing the houses below. It was like a slow-motion ocean wave, magnificent to watch...
No comments:
Post a Comment