
Well, we made it to Ecuador on Friday night, with one of the easiest international trips we've ever taken. Both flights were on time, there were no lines at the airports, they let us check in about 200 pounds of luggage for free, and our hotel was only a short cab ride away. We've had a very low-key weekend, taking care of the few things we hoped to before our big day on Monday...bought a phone, took a couple Spanish lessons (with a wonderful teacher named Jaime), and did some exploring around the city. Mostly, just enjoying some quiet time, knowing that we won't have as many opportunities for this in the coming weeks (and years)!
We're so excited for tomorrow...to finally meet the little angel that we've been preparing for all year...and who we've known in our hearts for many years. It's amazing to know that whatever tomorrow holds for us, it will include so many memories that we will have for the rest of our lives. It's not too often in your life that you know such a day is coming in advance, and we can't wait to soak it all in. We're coming for you Jairo...just one more day, mi amor.
Hi Beck and Eric, We are so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how your first day goes and will be glued to this page. Deep breaths and steady, tomorrow will be wonderful. Much love to the three of you!
ReplyDeleteWe're all thinking of you today. Our thoughts are with you as you meet your little boy and start your new family!
ReplyDeleteKathy
beckie, i get goosebumps as i read about your long awaited and carefully planned journey to your son. i cant wait to hear about your first moments, which i am certain will be magical!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you, eric, and jairo!
I forgot I added you to my list and when I saw Ecuador my heart leaped into my throat! Right now I am living Vicariously through you, as I did with catherine and the others from the group that have gone before us!Thank you again for allowing me to watch from the sidelines. Savor it! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your progress! For His Children (Quito) is the orphanage that our church supports and my wife and I were sponsoring (before we had to stop to avoid any risk to our own adoption) a cute little boy from. We look forward to following your adventure (and learning from you as we await our placement and travels). Best wishes and safe travels.
ReplyDelete