Friday, February 19, 2010

Rice: Part II

We recently attempted another round of rice-making, and once again we had little success. Here's the latest tally:

Third Batch: Paste. Believing that we needed more water and a longer cooking time, I filled a huge pot with water, and let the rice simmer for a long time. Apparently too long. I'm pretty sure that rice isn't supposed to look like this:




Fourth Batch: Burned. Having tried and failed three times, I figured it was time to let someone else have a go at it, so I handed the reins to Eric. He did his best with batch #4, but alas, it burned and we had a scorched mess on our hands.

For those keeping track, the current score is Rice 4 - Us 0.

I think it's time to enlist the help of a professional...

3 comments:

  1. Don't let the rice win! What does your son make of it? I know this is frustrating for you, but it's hilarious to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try adding a little white vinegar. i always add it and always get fluffy rice, even at our extreme elevation in orlando! :)

    if that doesn't work, try this...

    http://www.ehow.com/how_4612282_cook-rice-high-altitude.html

    ReplyDelete